 Off-Topic / Debate / 4425
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:01:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

Aren't the New Testament and Old Testament versions of the Ten
Comandments slightly different?

--
Frank Filz

Actually the ten commandments are strictly a part of judaism. The are
reiterated in the New Testament as moral principles and are summed in Jesus'
statement that all the Law and the Prophets are summed up in two: love the Lord
and love your neighbor. The only commandment not restated to be applied to the
christian church is the keeping of the sabbath. Note: many christians believe
we worship on sunday because they think it's the christian sabbath, we worship
on sunday because the Lord was raised on sunday, there is no christian sabbath
because Jesus is our rest.

Bill