 Off-Topic / Debate / 4414
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:26:35 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:52:01 GMT "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote
In Israel the two are totally mixed, wisted and intertwined to a horrible and
utterly disgusting mess.
sad, but true.  On the other hand, Israel is, and was always defined,
as a JEWISH state.  So total and complete seperation was never in the books.

Yes, but where do you draw the distinction between Jewish by heritage and
Jewish by religion?  I'm Jewish by lineage, but I am not Jewish by religion.
Are all heritage-Jewish people in Isreal automatically assumed to be
religion-Jewish?  If not, then isn't a state religion working against the
former?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society