 Off-Topic / Debate / 4169
    Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)) —Paul Gyugyi
   Which is precisely why silly things like WW2 history are not emphasized in US schools. The US is a memoryless society where the opportunity-of-the-moment guides the actions. Having vast masses unconcerned with geography and history is an important (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)) —Matthew Wilkins
   (...) Actually, I would be willing to argue that the reason that WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam War are not covered in US history classes, is that there are too many people to whom these conflicts are 'current events'. I remember just 10 years (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)