 Off-Topic / Debate / 4087
  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) In addition to an industrial base which was not in danger of being bombed, and on top of that a growing momentum of industrialization. I would throw in though that I believe our freer system of government almost certainly amplified the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) You will find that there are many forms of democracy around the world, and many would argue that they are freer then in the American system. Despite what a lot of Americans believe theirs was not the first democracy, and not the model of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) Well, this is off-topic.debate, so I wouldn't mind hearing some of this. Who is more free? How is it measured? I'm not even opposed to believing this, it just doesn't fit my current understanding of the governance of other nations. (...) It's (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)