 Off-Topic / Debate / 4039
  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

I would like to applaud Kyle for writing a very mature post without any naming calling. I was beginning to think that it wasn't possible. What I feel some of us are failing to realize is that every country is essentially the same. There are some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) Yes. But the single area where the US is ludicrously falling behind - that is to say, falling behind more and more as time goes by - is pre-university education. A major reason is the basic one-school- fits-all system which succeeds at pushing (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> I have several Turkish friends studied at US high schools during a one year period by scholarship from AFS (an international student exchange program for high school students). While all of them impressed their USian high (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)