 Off-Topic / Debate / 3983
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Maybe I'm reading this completely wrong, but this is how it comes across:
"If we can't actually find out who's fault this is, we'll blame that guy."

Assuming the company is at fault, the CEO is ultimately responsible.

If the CEO is not responsible for EVERYTHING done by the company, what the
heck is he responsible for?

Anything he can be proven to have a hand in.

So all the CEO has to do to avoid responsibility is make sure he doesn't
know enough details to be responsible? Thank you, but I won't be buying
stock in that company. Where is the accountability as to how the company is
run? Responsibility for "accidents" is no different than responsibility for
the financial aspects of the company.

Any CEO that keeps that much distance between himself and the company he's
running won't be running it for long, and I wonder how he got there in the
first place.  If bad things happen while he's using his unique "hands off"
approach to management, it's quite possible that his negligence is a root
cause of whatever happened.

Either you're missing my point, or we are coming from such completely
different directions that we aren't even talking about the same thing.

Let's tackle this from a much more "base level" question.  What is a person
responsible for?

I would answer that they are responsible for themselves, their property, and
any other responsibilities that they freely take on themselves.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/