 Off-Topic / Debate / 3859
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 02:53:46 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:23:30 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Perhaps they shouldn't have dumped stuff, which they didn't know what
its effects might be, in an unsecured area. Think about how we handle
radioactive waste. Some of it, we don't really know what effect it will
have, so be bundle it up to make sure it doesn't leak.

Oh come now. You're acting like it never happens that a
previously-thought-unharmful stuff is later considered extremely
harmful. cf Asbestos. Greatest thing since sliced bread, right up
until the fourties when the studies came out.

I really don't think it would be fair to necessarily have the person
who installed something be financially responsible.

That's the type of _completely_ random liability this world needs less
of, not more.

Jasper