 Off-Topic / Debate / 3817
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:22:41 GMT

<3884AEDA.9C6DA48F@eclipse.net> <FoJMsz.K0p@lugnet.com>

Richard Franks wrote:

If, in addition to whatever
the company could be sued for, the president, CEO, board of directors,
and potentially stock holders could be held jointly and severally
liable, companies would never hurt people in ways that could come back
to haunt them.

Does that responsibility follow them from job to job too? What about when
they've retired? If the answer is 'no' to either of them, then I don't think
that will work.

I think that if the answer is no, then it will still help, but not as
much.  Or maybe cause a industry ceo cycle which wouldn't help us at all.

But, the answer (in my ideal) is yes!  People regardless of
circumstances need to be generally responsible for their behavior.

Chris