 Off-Topic / Debate / 3696
Re: Libertarian stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:13:17 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <388a3894.72786960@lugnet.com>...
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:36:53 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

If individuals and corporations are incapable of charity and community
duty, then why do we have it currently? As far as I know, PEOPLE created
our government. You don't seem to be preaching the "god" factor.

Stop thinking in absolutes. Incapable isn't the problem, it's that
there's not enough of it.

   In your opinion.

Also, I see "deliberate, calculated, and organized neglect" of the needy
in current society. Show me a system which will not have that, and I'll
listen.

Absolutes again. Show me that Libertopia is better, and I'll convert.
Make it a practical example.

  Not too long ago, you said you'd ruled it out. So, you are still willing
to consider it?  Glad to hear it.

Why don't all ya libertarians move to one state and get that state to
go libertarian in law. We'll use that as a testcase.

  Is there an empty state around?  I guess that would be just as easy as
changing the politics of a country, especially since a state is a part of a
country (over here).  Of course, I am not against the idea.

And our current system doesn't? In some ways, our current system may be
worse, because big money plays such a big part in selecting the people
who run the charities (since the government is currently by far the
largest charity). In fact, those charities spend lots of money PAYING
for companies to locate in their area, PAYING for excess goods, etc.

How would libertopia make the big money less likely to control the
charities?

   The big money wouldn't be centralized as it is now.

--
   Have fun!
   John