 Off-Topic / Debate / 3672
Re: Libertarian stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:45:01 GMT

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:36:53 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

If individuals and corporations are incapable of charity and community
duty, then why do we have it currently? As far as I know, PEOPLE created
our government. You don't seem to be preaching the "god" factor.

Stop thinking in absolutes. Incapable isn't the problem, it's that
there's not enough of it.

Also, I see "deliberate, calculated, and organized neglect" of the needy
in current society. Show me a system which will not have that, and I'll
listen.

Absolutes again. Show me that Libertopia is better, and I'll convert.
Make it a practical example.

Why don't all ya libertarians move to one state and get that state to
go libertarian in law. We'll use that as a testcase.

And our current system doesn't? In some ways, our current system may be
worse, because big money plays such a big part in selecting the people
who run the charities (since the government is currently by far the
largest charity). In fact, those charities spend lots of money PAYING
for companies to locate in their area, PAYING for excess goods, etc.

And libertopia would be better? HOW?!

How would libertopia make the big money less likely to control the
charities?

Jasper