 Off-Topic / Debate / 3692
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:23:31 GMT

Dave,

Dave Schuler wrote:

  True enough--I was just trying to illustrate that State College isn't
typically some crazy town of hoodlums (or is that hoodla?).

Hmm... going in Ann Arbor (MI), Lansing (MI), and Ohio State (Columbus),
there were a lot of hoodlums, trying to pick on the college people. The
worst was Ohio State, the East side of the campus, right on the border,
were some of the most crime ridden and bad places you can be in. I have
not been there since March 1994, though.

I know a few conservative people that I can't stand sometimes. Doing these
things make people bad in my book. I hope they were prosecuted to the fullest
extent of the law.

  Some were, because they were caught on video.  I don't know what the final
count was, but sadly it wasn't much more than a handful of participants.

< rant against people >
Figures. Ugh, I really can't stand people who do this kind of thing, no
matter what reason they do it. I never participated in a riot, started
destroying peoples property, etc. I think we just have some bad eggs. I
think a lot of people are just bad. I guess I don't have as much hope
for most of our population, I guess. I really get mad, like when I work
at Meijer, and I go use the bathroom, people go on the floor, on the
seat, etc., and make a huge mess, even though other people use it. I
think it is a lack of respect for other peoples property.
People who do things like this should be punished, and perhaps should
pay for the damages, and fix it themselves. That will teach them the
error of destroying others property.

< /rant against people >

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html