 Off-Topic / Debate / 3651
Re: Libertarian stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:58:08 GMT

Dave,

Dave Schuler wrote:

Also, I see "deliberate, calculated, and organized neglect" of the needy
in current society. Show me a system which will not have that, and I'll
listen.

   It just seems that Libertopia establishes a caste system (as I think Matt
Miller observed elsewhere) that becomes almost impossible to breach after even
one generation.  In addition--and this might very well not be a tenet of
Libertopia but a fringe injected into this argument by one participant--I've
gotten a sense that society will step in with its "say" about how the children
of the irresponsible are to be raised.  I guess I don't understand, in a
society of minimal government, how anyone can be held accountable in such a
case, or who would determine the fitness of the people who step in on the
child's behalf.

Tell me if this is wrong, but this discussion seems to imply that our
current school system is completely neutral on things, which is not the
case, based on what I know.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html