 Off-Topic / Debate / 3641
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:58:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

For the most part today, poor children don't have much of a chance.
Sure, they theoretically get the same education that other kids do, but
the reality is they don't. Some advantages I see in a Liberatopia
include:

  - less waste on money on kids who aren't going to learn
  - tailoring the schools for poor kids to produce poor kids
    who can at least qualify for some kind of job, and probably
    don't even run as long as high school, if they're just going
    to do unskilled labor, why not get them out there making money
    earlier?

(Banging head against wall) Why oh why was I so silly as to begin reading this
thread.  Why not just tie 'em to the land and call them serfs?  Heck, let's
admit that they'll never amount to anything and put them in factories at age 6.
Let's stratify society as much as possible.  Social mobility?  Trash that.

I'll have left the country before the riots start.

Bruce