 Off-Topic / Debate / 359
Re: More religion (sort of) (was Re: More Clinton )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:42:34 GMT

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:40:37 GMT, "Jesse Long" <LongJR97@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36a8aa9f.144815446@lugnet.com>...
What _is_ a Darwin fish? or a God fish, for that matter?

I'll start this from the beginning, in case you don't know the whole story.

Thanks.

Christians use a fish symbol to represent Christianity.  It looks kind of
like this: <>< if your imagination is good.  It's just the outline, made by
two curves.  It was originally a secret sign back when Christians were being
Oh yeah, right, I think I remember seeing that once or twice now.

persecuted by Rome.  Some of these fish have the Greek letters for Jesus
(IXOYE) in them.  You see these fish almost exclusively on the back of cars.

We here in the Netherlands almost never have bumper-stickers, so I
guess we missed out :)

I say was a new thing: one of those Darwin things being eaten by a larger
fish that had the word "God" in the middle.  Kind of a "you're clever but
we're more clever" kind of thing.

Any bets on when we will see a darwin fish being eaten by a god fish
being eaten by a Nietzsche fish being eaten by a Holy Trinity fish?

It's along the same lines as the T-shirt with the two quotes:

"God is dead" --Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead" --God

Hmmm.... :)

Jasper