 Off-Topic / Debate / 3574
Re: Libertarian theory and altruism (was: some incorrectly spelled thing not worth repeating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:00:15 GMT

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 02:29:24 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Yes. Have you? I'd go with no you haven't really "studied" it, if you're
positing tulip mania as some sort of actual free market thing or example
of why business cycles are inevitable.

Tell me where the government interfered to make tulips more expensive.

Tell me where the government interfered to make M:tG or Pokemon cards
more expensive.

The most free societies are the most charitable. Pretty much across the
board. You could look it up.

Does that include charity to non-organisations? Like, giving money
right where it's needed?

"The most free" societies tend to be the ones with the largest cities
and the least geographically-based communities, pretty much across the
board.

Care to elaborate where you got your statistics from?

Jasper