 Off-Topic / Debate / 3567
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:37:53 GMT

In the hopes that this can actually still be productive:

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:
Its funny, though, that you don't know what a right is.  At least I think
its funny. [snip]

I don't find it funny. A long string of important thinkers throughout the
history of western civilization have spent a lot of time thinking about what
a right is exactly. (I could give names, but name dropping isn't the point.)
And it's not something that is agreed on and settled. Furthermore, it has
direct bearing on the main focus of conversation here, so it makes a lot of
sense to discuss.