 Off-Topic / Debate / 3565
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:18:04 GMT

If we can't talk about it in a reasoned and calm way (passionate, yes,
but calmly passionate), let's call it and be about our business, there
is no point in engendering hard feelings over something that ultimately
ought to be an ADJUNCT to why we hang out here, and something kind of
fun.

I agree. IMO Johns attitude came out of no-where, totally out of order - I'm
guessing he's having a bad night, and that's fair enough. I say this because I
feel he should be aware of the consequences of his posting, and how people felt
reading it.

Speaking for myself - sorry if I offended anyone, and as always, feel free to
let me know if I've squiffed.

After all, watered down Libertarianism IS carrying the day no matter
what we say or do here. :-)

Watered down Libertarianism I can handle ;)
Am I allowed to do a rain-dance in anticipation?

Richard