 Off-Topic / Debate / 3532
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:03:05 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <38cbca36.283882876@lugnet.com>...
On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 04:21:34 GMT, "Richard Franks"
<spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote:

An embarrassing spelling mistake? I also changed guff to stuff, which is a • bit
more respectful :) I do want to learn more about Libertarian politics, as • I'm
still at the stage where every new tidbit that I learn about it makes it • seem
even more unworkable and optimistic..

You mean there's a next stage? I started out with thinking it sounded
better and better, than it slid into the phase you're describing.

Jasper

  Do you mean you back slid Jasper?  You were catching on, then refused to
accept anymore of it?  Well, thats cool with me.  At least you still debate
it.  Every time you question it, I question it, too.  And every time I do, I
become more convinced that there is a better way, and that the current way
is getting worse, and that I am on the right track.  I'd like to see changes
for the better rather than for the worse, and can only hope (1) some
(enough) people agree with me about enough things to make things better.
   Sometimes, I even disagree with those who seem to have the same type of
rhetoric, so I can't say any person has all the answers, but if enough good
people get together, good things can happen.
   Oh, and of course there is another stage.  Do you think I just read the
little Libertarian handbook and that was that?  I took me a lot of
questioning, and a lot of reading to get where I am (as great a place as it
seems sometimes, in the major minority).  I still haven't accepted
Libertarianism (2), but I do firmly believe in the ideals that they use as
their main principles.  Whether they firmly believe those or not, is another
thing, and since they are politicians, I tend to wonder.

1 - Or hope I am totally wrong, but unfortunately I'm not (at least not
totally!).
2 - I am still basically anti-communist, thats it politically, and losing
where I live.
--
   Have fun!
   John