 Off-Topic / Debate / 348
347  |  349
Subject:
SF Story (was Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:18:31 GMT

Tim Courtney writes:
Larry Pieniazek writes:
3 - and I read a MOST amusing story in which the Pope was the defendant
in a lawsuit in which the plaintiff was trying to recover damages that
his insurance company would not pay since they had an Act of God clause.
His legal basis was that very claim of god granted authority over the
church vested in the current pope.

That's pretty funny!

-Tim <><
http://www.zacktron.com - Coming Soon!
http://trc.osiriscomm.com

I read the same story, I'm pretty sure it was within the last year or so.  I'll
check
my back issues of Science Fiction Age for the author and title.  The action
took
place on a lunar colony, IIRC.  I forget who won the case, though.

Chad