 Off-Topic / Debate / 3384
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:57:45 GMT

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:20:18 GMT, Christopher Weeks
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

And I would mostly separate them from pornography.  But as an aside, I'm
not at all opposed to pornography that has no victim.  So even if the
two categories are supposed to be mutually exclusive, and the line is
blurry, I don't care because I think some 'porn' is quite nice.

Yup. I agree.

The problem is, when does something have a victim? For adults this
quite clear -- only when there is not consent.

For non-adults, this gets very blurry very fast.

Does a photographer have the right to publish a photograph of, say, a
nudist 10-year-old (who is nude at the time)? On the one hand, it's
utterly victimless. On the other hand, it could well later damage a
possible political career of said child. Child is in no position to
judge either way.

I won't go into the rather icky and extremely controversial "studies"
that "show" sex-with-kids isn't necessarily harmful to the children.

Jasper