 Off-Topic / Debate / 3378
Re: Libitarian guff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 02:16:58 GMT

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:37:32 GMT, "Richard Franks"
<spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote:

Worth the cost to whom? Libitarian views suggest that services would be
provided by third party service providers. What if education needs subsidies -
ie the majority of parents can't afford to give their children an education
without taxes?

Presumably, if a society as a whole gets richer from educating the
poor, companies will donate enough to make it possible.

The big fallacy is that the vast majority of companies don't look
further ahead than next quarter, up to a year or maybe 5 years at the
very most.

PS. Please don't take my tone personally, the impact that Libitarian policies
could have is just sinking in to me.. although I may have misinterpreted :)

I had that epiphany a few months ago. Same subject, actually.

Jasper