 Off-Topic / Debate / 3306
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:49:48 GMT

One thing I'd like to toss in here is the possibility that it is ok for
local government to spend money on social programs (including art and
schools). This is subject to the limitation that state and national
governments don't control the local governments spending on such, only
the people do, and that there is sufficient "competition" amongst local
governments that you can chose your government. At this point, the local
government is really no different than a neighborhood association.
Groups of people may form associations any way they like, and have any
governing method they care for.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com