 Off-Topic / Debate / 3262
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 05:07:35 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:25:13 GMT, "Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com>
wrote:

Boy-oh-boy! I can't tell you how delighted I am to read that!  I am _sick to
death_ of that Postmodernist "all is art" nonsense!  Such a definition seems
to imply that anything requiring or allowing interpretation is art, and is by
extension roughly equivalent to saying that nothing is art.

Yup. There is no useful definition of art.

Why???  This statement seems more lazy than profound.  Try.

-John

"All is art" or "none is
art" are no less useful than any others you care to offer.

Jasper