 Off-Topic / Debate / 3237
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:32:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Miller writes:
John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
It's useful if you are a pervert trying to pass off obscenities as art.

"Pornography!" is a useful label if you're a reactionary who is frightened
by art that might make people think.

Here's my definition of pornography-(in jest, a little)

pornography- the word a prude uses to describe media which portrays folks who
are having more fun than he is.

I guess my point here is that words like "obscene" "pornography" and "decent"
say more about the speaker than the thing the speaker is describing.

Chris