 Off-Topic / Debate / 3211
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 02:52:43 GMT

I'm smart enough to figure that out, so are most of the people who post
here.  Are you telling me that there are people here who are unable to
figure out such a basic concept?  Do we have to compile a list of "taboo"
words for the folks who can't think for themselves?  That's very sad.  I
thought fans of LEGO were smarter than average.

Some people are smart enough to realize that they (and their children)
can't be hurt by occasional naughty words.  But Matthew's comments below
apply to mine as well as yours...

Smartness doesn't come into it. Anyway, insulting people's intelligence is
abusive and defamatory. And it's a fairly poor discussion tactic.

Chris