 Off-Topic / Debate / 3048
Re: Who coined "dubya" (Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:30:27 GMT

Tim Rueger wrote:

Molly Ivins (the columnist, based in Dallas,
I think) has been using "Dubya" to refer to
GWBush for some time now, well before Trudeau.

Thanks for the info. I actively dislike that woman, though. I usually
have trouble getting all the way through one of her columns without
swearing at her under my breath.

Not that this impacts her views any, but she
was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and
has been (as one would expect) encouraging women
to "Get. The. D*mn. Mammogram."  (Actual quote,
with apologies to LUGNET ToU.)

It IS a good coinage as it sort of rhymes with "bubba".

As in "Mumble Bubba Dubya B."?  :^)