 Off-Topic / Debate / 2928
Re: Panaka is yellow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:20:30 GMT

This standpoint could be achieved as follows:  Lego could produce heads and
hands in a range of 4 or 5 skin tones all at once (thus eclipsing whatever
Lando issues there'd be if he was the "only black mini-fig"), ranging from
Scottish tan to African brown (both colors are currently used in pieces
anyway), and everything in-between (theres a few ochres in the mix that might
work...I'm no authority, though).  They could be scattered all over the 2001
sets...the New Faces of the millenium!  This extraordinarily forward approach
to internationalism would far over-shadow any negative underpinnings.

And what a bold, amazingly positive thing for any toy company to at least
attempt to try, and the timing couldn't be better in this season of change.

Perhaps in 2001, only a few new "yellowhead" sets would be introduced, enabling
EVERYTHING before 2002 to be obsolete when that year comes (this would p*** off
a lot of people though).  Another approach would be to simply blend the new
Nationalities gradually over time.

If LEGO wants to do that, fine. I hope there will be a classic smiley
face head (in at least yellow head) accessory pack. I really have a hard
time equipping Classic Spacemen with the awful new heads they have been
coming out with. None of them look normal anymore, just some side show
freak head!

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and a bug free Y2K!" :)

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Progress: LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page almost completed!