 Off-Topic / Debate / 28718
Re: So now a change of opinion...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:54:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

(snip)

Again, you want your gun, then you can have it.  However, it's time
to treat gun ownership like adults--not 5 yr old whims with
no consequences.

Works for me, with one modification.

Lift "sovereign immunity". You're an agent of the government, and you misuse a
gun? ... you can be found *personally* liable so it's not just the taxpayers
stuck with the cost of a wrongful death suit.

We sort of have this now but not quite as extreme as I'm envisioning.

While we are at it, break the corporate shield so that corporate officers can be
held personally liable for things the corporation they're stewarding gets up to.
But that's a different topic.