 Off-Topic / Debate / 28391
  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) All censorship is equal, but some censorship is more equal than others. (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) Cute! (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) I'll jump in here and (not having read the whole thread) I'm sure I'll state something that's blatantly obvious and has (probably) been stated-- Censorship is some form of management (parent/school board/society) *denying* access to some (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Defining censorship

(...) As I mentioned elsewhere, I personally would consider things other than strict denials as censorship, although I agree that murfling isn't strong enough to be what I would consider to be censorship. For example, let's pretend that the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Defining censorship

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote: -snip- (...) I like your example. It provides a descent example of how restricting access, but not denying access, can be censorship. (...) What bothers me about your example is the accumulation of (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Defining censorship

(...) Agree! I set up the example to intentionally sound like the type of government that we would be more anxious to call "censoring". Arguably, I could've done without the lengthy applications and fingerprinting and such, and I would *still* call (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)