 Off-Topic / Debate / 28312
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:11:50 GMT

   No John, I’m dreadfully sorry--history may look kindly on some presidents, but 20 years from now it’ll be extremely difficult to point to *anything* that GWB did whilst reigning in power that was good and just.

Then in 20 years, you and I will have to have a beer (by then it may be just Ensure for me;-) at my future home in sunny Arizona and see for ourselves. I’ll have a huge LEGO room, so your sons/daughters are invited, too. I’ll have a master guest room, so the misses is also welcome! Put it on the calendar:-)

   I use the example of Carter right now--over 20 years later. A president that always tried to do the right thing but history doesn’t like him so much.

In Kollege, I loved Carter, but I loved the man, and that blinkered my perception to his woefully inadequate skills as a leader.

I really wish he hadn’t written that POS book. He was doing just great sticking with Habitat for Humanity...

JOHN