 Off-Topic / Debate / 28223
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

OK. Let’s try this from the other direction, kiddies.

The populace that still reads Lugnet is a group of people.

It contains many subgroups, for example:
  1. The people that still read lugnet.org.scibrick
  2. The people that still read a few groups once or twice a week because of the crap that spews forth from .off-topic.debate
  3. The people that still read all day every day just to see what crap is spewing forth from .off-topic.debate, and last but not least:
  4. The people that still read maybe 2 or 3 times a year just to reply to the odd thread
As an exercise, see how many more you can come up with by tomorrow.

Meanwhile, because lar is still in at least one of the sub-groups, I consider him a member of the umbrella populace. I’d call it a populus, but this isn’t a latin lesson.

He’s not necessarily in the “still reading” subgroup category. He could’ve been just popping over to LUGNET when he got “pinged” by a regular reader, or after a major event like an ILTCO convention.

He could also be still reading.

Yes, Ross, you made that perfectly clear. What you haven’t made so clear is WHY you think that for no apparent reason.

   Which is exactly what I suspect is the case.

Why do you suspect that?

Because I have no evidence to the contrary. You are obtuse.

   His silence for the past 2 months could be the beginning of a yearlong drought of posting. God forbid, he could be dead and buried, for all you know.

Oh I doubt it.

Is that why you know so much about him-- because you stalk him? I see you snipped the part where I asked you if you asked him. Why? In any event, it seems he is actively participating in forums ELSEWHERE, which is MORE EVIDENCE that he’s not here. But THINK what you may-- I couldn’t care less anymore.

   Of course that could just be someone impersonating him.

Right. Actually, it doesn’t appear that you even need ME to carry on this little conversation. Seems you can handle it all yourself.

   Ah, well, there you go. You know about his LUGNET reading habits

I never claimed to know about his Lugnet reading habits.

You know; you THINK you know. You are being obtuse.

   In any event, I think that the odds are quite good that a single-post jab at him would fly under his sparse LUGNET radar. But further to the point, I think that if one is going to mock someone, they should at least have that person’s attention first rather than doing it behind their back. Al claims no malicious intent, and so the entire point is in fact, mute,

Or even moot. Yes, I do know about the “inside joke”. I could care less (but not much less).

But the pedant in you couldn’t resist. Gotcha anyway.

   except for your involvement.

My involvement is mainly in response to your question.

   One might get the impression that you are deliberately wasting my time.

One might also get the dichotomous impression that YOU are wasting MY time.

   But that is all based on the assumption that the time is being wasted. We’re having an intelligent debate aren’t we? Hey maybe if we try real hard, we can even keep it going until the next time lar reads Lugnet.

This may pass for intelligent discourse in your mind, but not mine. It feels very much like a MP sketch to me.

   Or maybe you could just accept that I think lar still reads Lugnet occasionally, even if you don’t grok why I think that.

Maybe you could just state WHY you THINK that and end this. But you won’t, and it won’t, so I’m done.

JOHN