 Off-Topic / Debate / 28146
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:38:24 GMT

<snip>

Well, in this instance, it's no game.  They are against the war-- prove it.
They need to accept the consequences of their beliefs.  If most of America is
REALLY for a pullout, where's the harm?  Their actions, in theory, would be
met with thanks.  This is a simple case of wanting their cake (Tough on
terror) and eat it, too (Cut and run).  {There} is "The Game™".

[JOHN]

The game is the 'bait 'n switch' done by George and anyone who follows him.  The
'War on Terror' isn't in Iraq, though.  At least, it wasn't until George
invaded.  The varying ideals for the war in Iraq--WoMD, imminent danger!!, not
for oil, greeted as liberators, mission accomplished, 'in last throes'...  how
can you still believe in anything coming from the current US administration?

It's not 'Cut and Run' to realize you've been had and to look for the best way
out of the ill conceived and ill planned Iraqi war.  It actually is the
proponents of the Iraq war who want it both ways--we want the war but are
unwilling to actually, y'know, sign up for it.  Why is the Pentagon grasping to
get people in the military right now?

Let's start calling it like it is--Iraq wasn't an 'immediate' threat to the US
and Osama is still making videos.

There's really no getting around that.

Dave k