 Off-Topic / Debate / 28132 (-5)
  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) The 9/11 guys weren't US citizens (I think one or two were). But hasn't the UK had trouble with terrorism by citizens? (not the Ireland troubles, but the 21st century kind). Tim (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) If most of them weren't US citizens then I agree with the latter part of this argument. With Terror tactics and WMDs (such as a Boeing 747) then a viable body of rebels doesn't have to be large. Were the hijackers US citizens by and large then (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: <snip> (...) Speaking of Demogoguery... (URL) wait, he's a Republican. I guess his speechifying can't be considered that. As an aside, I agree with everything Hagel stated and consider him a man of class. (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: <snip> (...) In a literal meaning, war on a noun--eh, hardly humour there In the meaning that we both probaby agree on--a war against fanaticals who appear to have no issue with killing civilians of any (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Sorry, Tim--I missed your post, or I would have responded earlier. DaveE has already offered good thoughts on this point, but I'd go in a slightly different direction. In my view, a rebellion necessarily consists of a viably large body of (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact