 Off-Topic / Debate / 2803
    Lasik eye surgery —Kevan Houser
   Hey all, I just had Lasik eye surgery for my extreme myopia (I was about -10 diopters, got my first glasses when I was 6 years old, and then wore hard contacts for over 20 years). I imagine there are a lot of other nearsighted folk among the AFOL (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Lasik eye surgery —Tom Stangl
   (...) I had one eye done June, and am going to try to schedule the other ASAP in Jan (when my Flex Spending account will pay for it with pretax dollars). I have HATED only having one eye done - it made me really hate dealing with a contact lense in (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Lasik eye surgery —Todd Lehman
   (...) Oh, man, BUT -- isn't it great knowing that the worst thing that could've happened is that you'd only lose one eye if the scalpel slipped? --Todd (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Lasik eye surgery —Tom Stangl
   Scalpel? This is Lasik, the ONLY time a blade gets anywhere near the eye is to shave back the top of the cornea. About the worst that can happen at that point is if the shaved layer isn't even, in which case they lay it back down, call of the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)