 Off-Topic / Debate / 2803
2802  |  2804
Subject:
Lasik eye surgery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 20:35:40 GMT

Hey all,

I just had Lasik eye surgery for my extreme myopia (I was about -10 diopters,
got my first glasses when I was 6 years old, and then wore hard contacts for
over 20 years).
I imagine there are a lot of other nearsighted folk among the AFOL crowd, and
if you or someone you know is among them, you have probably already heard about
LASIK eye surgery to correct nearsightedness.

I'd been following this for a few years, and although I wasn't having any great
problems with my contacts, I finally decided to go for it!  I had my surgery
Thursday morning (two days ago as I write this).

I can't believe how easy it was and how great my results are.  Far better than
I would have dared hope for.  I had good vision right after surgery and was
functional all day without discomfort.  Now it's 2 days post-op and my vision
is crisp clear and sharp.  I honestly can't tell the difference now between how
I'm seeing and how I used to see (20/20) with my contacts.

I just thought I'd post this and volunteer to answer questions from anyone who
is curious about this. (My partner at work had the same surgery from a
different doc about a month ago, so I have that added perspective to answer
questions from as well.)

(And no, I don't work for anyone who does this surgery!)

Feel free to contact me via personal e-mail if you've been thinking about this
surgery and have any questions!

Kevan Houser
103753.3631@compuserve.com