 Off-Topic / Debate / 27989
  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) I'd venture to say that this is just about your favorite question, because you return to it repeatedly! The answers, of course, are many and various: atheists don't necessarily deny the existence of God; they just don't believe that he exists (...) (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) Well, for me it's the ultimate question. And I believe that the origin of the universe is the ONLY PLACE where science and religion collide and become indistinguishable from each other. (...) Science doesn't just accept a "we don't know." (...) (18 years ago, 22-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

--snip-- (...) I don't know where you got this idea from. There are plenty of ways to test hypotheses about the origins of the universe. The Big Bang hypothesis is pretty much accepted by all scientists to the point that it could almost be (...) (18 years ago, 22-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) If, by "ignorant," you mean "lacking knowledge," then the answer is yes. Science definitely accepts "we don't know," but it doesn't posit that as a final explanation, either. The correct framing is "we don't know/we think it's like this/here's (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) But in that case, science will really never know. My belief in God can be viewed as a "best guess" scenario as well-- given the choice of believing that the universe spontaneously came into being, or a Creator causing it to happen (whose (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)