 Off-Topic / Debate / 27977 (-5)
  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

Thanks for indulging me, John. (...) OK, I guess that answers most of the questions from my post. So, if I understand you correctly, when it comes right down to it, the reason you believe wholheartedly that Jesus spoke eternal religious truths about (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) Of course I believe the NT is as well. For example, Paul writes letters to specific communities with specific issues. Even the Gospels have specific audiences. Yeah, lots of the issues addressed are of the universal type, but some aren't. One (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

Hi, John. (...) I've seen you draw this distinction in other posts here, and meant to ask you how exactly you derive this idea that the Old Testament is "contextual to the time" while the New Testament (presumably in your mind) is not merely so. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Et tu, U2?

Paul Hewson, AKA Bono: Musician, Social Activist, (URL). And The Edge, (AKA David Evans) sums it up nicely: "Of course we're trying to be tax-efficient. Who doesn't want to be tax-efficient?" What's wrong with sexy? (Tap ref:-) JOHN (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Wow! Re: Let that be a lesson to you

(...) Some people are simply beneath contempt (and in his case, 6 feet). Some people just need a good, old-fashioned fear of burning in hell to keep them honest in this life, eh? JOHN (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact