 Off-Topic / Debate / 279
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this (ain't it though? :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:23:57 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

I can see the irony though, and yes, it does seem a bit funny. I met a guy once
who said he believed and accepted as truth everything about "all religions". I
never actually asked him to qualify that statement, but I did notice through
conversation that he did believe in faiths holding teachings that differ vastly
over who Christ actually is. Maybe interestingly enough, his first name was
"Chance".

I consider myself to be a Christian, but I have a hard time believing
that anybody who does not believe just as I do is bound for hell...  I
don't think that a God, knowing the confused nature of mankind, would
allow this to happen...

The idea of God is presented in many different ways.  The details in
even more.  But more or less, the idea of God is of something to believe
in, to give credit to something for all things.  The truth is, even I, a
believer, don't know what form God manifests himself in, and I'm not
about to go guessing....

But I think it is important to listen to other religions, even if you
don't agree.  Most all believe that God works through man to do his
bidding.  I think that's the key to it all.  Many people interpret many
things differently, but is it so hard to believe sometimes that we may
all be believing the same thing, but going about it in different ways?
Have you ever tried the experiment where you pass a quote around the
room, and see what it turns into by the time it comes back around?

As for individual religions, well, I have lots of questions, but I think
I'll let them go unanswered.  It is up to every man, woman and child to
best decide what they think is right, and hope they choose right...  I'm
not so sure that most religion don't follow the same party lines,
whether they admit it or not...  whatever.

"What would you do with a brain if you had one?"

- Dorothy (from The Wizard of OZ)
Remove "NO SPAM" when replying.

ICQ #11674715