 Off-Topic / Debate / 27742 (-5)
  Re: The God Game!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote: <snip> Their is one notable flaws of logic in this test. They compare the burden (...) That's the question that hung me up. Dave K (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) I got struck with a hit on that one as well: "As long as there are no compelling arguments or evidence that show that God does not exist, atheism is a matter of faith, not rationality." "If, despite years of trying, no strong evidence or (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) Would you also argue that the statement "people who believe in God must make a leap of faith" is too broad and non-specific? (...) I would have to say that you are either an agnostic or you have made a leap of faith. It is my opinion that an (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) I don't want to start a whole big thing here, but I'd take issue with that statement as being too broad and non-specific. One form of atheism--the belief that God does not exist--may require a leap of faith, but that's not the only form. I, (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) Tricky. I had to go back to that class I took back in my Catholic HS days to think through those questions. In the end I scored zero hits and bit twice. Adr. (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact