 Off-Topic / Debate / 27677 (-20)
  Re: A Berkeley Study That Portrays Liberalism Positively?!!

(...) Would you explain what points you disagree with? It seems a fairly narrow but objective study to me and a surpringly well written science article about the study. Tim (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  A Berkeley Study That Portrays Liberalism Positively?!!

I'm shocked. I'm also kidding. The most interesting thing to me about (URL) study> is the motivation of the researchers. When the day is done and the results are in, it simply amounts to patting oneself on the back. This is research? JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) What-- is it "Sarcasm Day" down there? (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Well good naturedness was certainly the overwhelming impression I came away with from your post. a (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Is this yet another example of your "obvious sarcasm"? JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Well, at least I was good natured enough to have made my sarcasm obvious. Your comment borders incivility. ROSCO (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Well, at least I was good natured enough to have included a smiley. Your comment borders incivility. JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Time to let it go. Really. ROSCO (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Time to let it go. Really. JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) The UN doesn't have embassies, as far as I know. (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Are you serious, or is that just a turn of phrase? ROSCO (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on the UN "Racist" poster?

(...) Dejure it's out of copyright/trademark, true, but defacto it will be LEGO that will be influenced the most by any ill will engendered. Most people's first thought, I would expect, would be "hey those are legos" (with some small subset thinking (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Just wanted to chime in again and say I appreciate your thoughtful response to my concerns. I also wanted to say I really enjoy your work, even when I don't agree with the commentary and editing decisions. And I look forward to more entries. Thanks, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Hi, Bruce. Thanks for the comments on this matter, too. I will probably redo the Acts story as part of my revamp of the New Testament part of the site, and will add the missing panels there as well. I think it's not just that it would be (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Hey Brendan, I appreciate the fact that you added the final two illustrations to the Canaanite woman story. I think that it was right to do so, as to leave those out seriously misrepresented the story. While your commentary on how everyone selects (...) (19 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

(...) That's very decent of you. Great work as ever, Brendan! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

After continued discussion with others about this matter (not on LUGNET), I've decided to add two more illustrations to the Canaanite Dogs story. I now realize that my original version really makes it appear as though Jesus does not heal the woman, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Hi, Steve. I've moved this over to off-topic.debate since that seemed more appropriate. (...) I am presenting the story of how Jesus insulted a Canaanite woman. I grant that this can also be seen as part of a larger story about how Jesus exorcised (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Your Cycle 3 LEGO Ambassadors

(...) snip (...) Thanks, Paul. That was exactly what I was asking for. It's certainly more information about what goes on in the LA program than we've ever had before. It should happen more often ;) I look forward to seeing the fruits of the LAs (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Introducing Your Cycle 3 LEGO Ambassadors

(...) Let me try to shed some light on the LA program without revealing things I am not supposed to. First off, I will (later today), ask some of the new ambassadors to review what we have done in the past 2 cycles. Then, I'll ask if any of the new (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact