 Off-Topic / Debate / 27610
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:09:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
Mr Tolerant,
Just imagine the fuss in the west if the same paper had printed anti-jewish
material...

Scott A

Would ther have been a response if there were anti-jewish cartoons published?

More than likely.  And the response would have happened when the cartoons came
out back in September, instead of sitting on it whilst shipping danish flags to
the proper people to be burned in protest at hte proper time and getting the
folks organized 5 months later.

The kicker is the muslims that state that the cartoons are retaliation for the
victory of Hamas--the cartoons came out 4 months before the vote!

Will there be protests when Iran publishes results from their little
competition?--http://us.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/07/iran.cartoon.ap/index.html

Probably.

Will there be riots calls for the beheadings of Iranians?  Somehow I don't think
so--at least not by 200,000+ rioters.

So let's see, shall we?  Iran will publish the results of their little
competition ('cause  we know they will).  Let's see how the West and Israel
react.  I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in your pocket
that when Iran publishes the satirical Holocaust cartoons, that Israel and the
West will not call for one beheading.  That, even though there'll be protests
(again), that there won't be thousands of "radical jews" with their faces
covered by scarfs and masks marching the streets pushing for the execution of
the satirists and killing anyone who gets in their way.  I'll also bet that the
Jews won't start marching around U.S. airbases in protest of Iranian satirical
cartoons (unlike the muslims who crowded a US base in response to the Danish
political cartoon)

Even with all this said, the Jews would have a right to be offended--Iran's
calling for a satire on 6 million dead people--

Here's a quote--
"Because, as we all know, political cartoons satirizing a prophet and the
extermination of 6 milllion people are one in the same "

Oh wait, that's from me.

Dave K
-it's a weird day when John and I actually are on the same side of an issue :)