 Off-Topic / Debate / 2720
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:56:59 GMT

Here's my quick opinion:

TLG has the right to do as they wish with their information, and that
includes putting restrictions on how and when (and if) it is made
available.

TLG doesn't respect us much, if at all, as a corporation now.

This whole brouhaha isn't going to help, no matter what the ultimate
outcome. But it probably isn't going to hurt much, either, really, it's
the fleas debating amongst themselves while the dog decides what to do
without consulting them.

Some hard feelings are being generated now and I'm not sure that's a
good thing. Perhaps everyone should take stock and once they've made
their point, stop talking about it. I see at least 50 messages in
various places on this topic... is that the right level of discussion?
Is anything being said that hasn't been said?

Todd and Suz love TLG way more than TLG loves them or anyone else.  Todd
and Suz also collectively and individually love US more than most
people, else why would they be doing this whole Lugnet bit? Todd and Suz
also collectively have done some deeper thinking about intellectual
property and rights than many of us have. Temper all that into your
thinking.

Let me see if that is the last thing I can say on this topic... 'twill
be hard, as it always is, as I LOVE to hear myself talk.