 Off-Topic / Debate / 27141
Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:19:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.space, Ross Crawford wrote:
That was just lar making another
snide comment, based on false premise.

Snide comments can have premises?  I thought they were just mean.

Rosco, are your snide comments generally based on true premises?

LOL Lenny, have you stopped beating children senseless??????

Maybe I'm slow, but I'm not following here.  What does this even mean?

Its called a Loaded Question, a type of fallacious argument.  A question with a
false, disputed, or question-begging presupposition[1].

In your case the presupposition is that ROSCO's comments are snide.  Ross in
turn countered with the classic example is 'When did you stop beating your
children?' which you apparently missed entirely.

-Rob.

1. http://www.fallacyfiles.org/loadques.html