 Off-Topic / Debate / 27139
    Re: The Basis of Nazism, was Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) There is an old saying that I enjoy: "The opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy." What love and hate have in common is that are a deeply passionate caring about someone else. "Caring" in the sense of concern/wonder about what happens to (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: The Basis of Nazism, was Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz —John Neal
   (...) Hmmm. You say that love and hate are not opposites, but isn't that exactly what "passionate-"positive" (love) to passionate-"negative" (hate)" is? The opposite of apathy would be passion, not hatred, in my view. If something has an opposite, (...) (19 years ago, 11-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)