 Off-Topic / Debate / 2681
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:04:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
Yes, you are correct.  There are people out there who feel that their desire
to see a picture *right now* overrides the Lego Company's right to control
images they own.  There are also people out there who don't see it as an
issue.

I don't know if I see it as an issue. I was off the net all weekend, and
looking on Monday AM I was mostly thinking "darn it- I missed them." I wonder
how many of the people that were for taking the pictures down looked at them?
Did anyone honestly say to themselves- "These should not be published on
the 'net, so I'm not going to look at them"?

I guess I just don't know if publishing information that a company doesn't
want us to see is "wrong" (don't reporters do this all the time?) though I
will agree that it could be considered hostile to that companies interests,
and if we as AFOLs are trying to create a better relationship with tLC then
maybe not a good idea.

taking the reporter idea farther- it seems that it is tLC's job to keep their
secrets secret and it is the reporter's job not to- both sides have their part
to play in this "game."

Chris