 Off-Topic / Debate / 26751
    Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Well, to expand upon the thoughts of the 'science camp' (which, if we wanna use isms, is Mechanistic Naturalism) - we can use Occam's Razor to cut away every explanation except the most simplistic. There is no supernatural diety, the entire (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —John Neal
   (...) It originated by a story about that, but I don't think anyone is defending it. It is more about a critique of Science WRT to the origin of the universe. JOHN (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) No doubt. The same way Apollo Landing denyers are a critique to History. Or Alien abductionists are a critique to Governmental policy. Or, I hate to say it(1), as Holocaust denyers are a critique to History. My point is that I have yet to hear (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —John Neal
   (...) An intelligent Designer could argue that God initiated the Big Bang. How can Science disagree? It isn't possible. The study of the origin of the universe by Science is in and of itself psuedoscience. JOHN (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Agreed. Which is why I have yet to see any science argue about events before the Big Bang(1). Those questions are best left to philosophers. -Lenny (1)= Well, not entirely true. Stephen Hawking has an interesting idea about the history of the (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)