 Off-Topic / Debate / 26643
    Re: Excellent news! —Thomas Stangl
   (...) Either one, however, is obscenely expensive. And getting moreso. Meanwhile, the penal system gains more and more power in voting blocs, etc. And lawmakers make more things felonies that shouldn't be. You know, if a chunk of my taxes weren't (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Excellent news! —Orion Pobursky
   (...) We do work them. The vast majority of prisoners in the penal system participate in some sort of work program, be it washing dishes, road side trash detail, or whatnot. But, as with everything in prison, work is a priviledge and there is always (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)