 Off-Topic / Debate / 26604
26603  |  26605
Subject:
Activist Judges Legislating From The Bench
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:10:57 GMT

Since we all know how much Dubya hates them durned activist judges, I’m confident that he’ll be speaking up to condemn this scandalous over-reaching of judicial authority.

For a moment, let’s set aside the question of whether or not an undifferentiated mass of cells actually is a human being. We’re left with an example of legislating-from-the-bench as clearly as when, according to Conservatives, the Ninth Circuit Court overstepped its authority when it (correctly, IMO) declared that the words “under God” are illegal endorsements of religion. Conservatives who condemned that so-called judicial activism, then they must likewise condemn the current judicial activism, or else they must admit that they’re shameless hypocrits.

I can’t wait to hear Dubya’s righteous anger as he decries this judicial activism for the pox that it is.

Dave!