 Off-Topic / Debate / 26529
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:21:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ka-On Lee wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote: SNIP
One more time from the top--if you want to misinterpret what happened, by all
means.

I have no need to misinterpert anything. I can read what jake posted on these
boards and words mean things. I read what Lego chose to publicly post.

1 is related to TLC stating the *fact* that they had a limited supply of Maersk
Blue and the *only* reason why 10152 was limited was due to the *fact* that
(reiterated for those that keep on completely missing the point) TLC had a
limited supply of Maersk Blue and, at the time, there was *no* reason to expect
more--no contract with Maeersk and no more Maersk Blue pellets.

2 is when Maersk came to TLC with a new contract *and* Maersk brought their own
colour!  Let me reiterate that--Maersk came to TLC with the contract *and* the
colour--so, again, how is this TLC's fault?  And why shouldn't TLC sign the
contract?

They should have found a diffrent way to satisfy Maersk and keep their word to
the consumer at the same time. It would not have been a dificult thing to do.

your misinterpretations of what actually happened, more animosity has arisen
between the AFOL community and TLC.

Lego has stated many times that AFOL's are not a priority. I'm pretty sure
there's nothing I can say that would make that worse.

if Maersk comes to them
after the fact and wants more, and brings their own colour, why would people,
especially in the AFOL community, balk?  You (Ken, Ben) can keep right on
reading promises into what was actually stated, but your interpretation is
wrong, pure and simple.

No words mean things....

TLC stated the reason why there was a limitation on 10152 was *only* due to the
limitation of Maersk Blue pellets and that there was no contract to get more.
Then Maersk came to TLC with a new contract and brought their own colour with
them.  These facts are indesputable.

What is disputable is the fact that you can tell your consumers anything you
want and the next week change your mind without consiquenses.

I have no issues whatsoever of voicing grievances (and bringing
up 'browncoats' is arrogant presumption once again if you do a history of
mine and most other people's posts who are against your wrongful
interpretation of the 10152 issue, you will note that many of us love debates
and discussion issues and we are as far as one could possibly get to
censoring people's ideas and/or posts.

Glad to hear that however even though there are many who agree with me and even
though I have been personally called a liar in this thread, my asking of a moral
question has been determined to be "impuging" people and I am being threatened
through private e-mail that my posting rights are going to be revoked.

open your mind to the possibility that your grievance may not be
legitimate, and maybe you should re-evaluate what actually happened instead
of adhering to your wrongful interpretation.

Or perhaps you should take a look at what actually happened and stop trying to
justify TLC actions no matter what.

don't delete the parts that you don't like

It has nothing to do with what I like. Lugnet TOS demand that excess be trimed.

you keep deleting that part of the posts and rebutt with "Promisses broken!"

Take care,

Dave K

Exactly! Lego said we are choosing to market a limited edition set and then
changed their minds. You can twist it anyway you want but the fact is they took
back what they said. That would indeed be wrong both on a moral plane and wrong
when it comes to keeping a loyal customer base.-Ken