 Off-Topic / Debate / 26524
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:54:44 GMT

Dear Ken,

I propose a very simple solution. If you don’t buy the new Maersk set because of your moral convictions that it is wrong then Jake’s original statement, and any other TLC ‘implications’ becomes true. It will be your last chance to buy the colour (due to your moral outrage at the ‘deception’). By a small series of inductive steps (one) we have a sound logical conclusion, and you can be satisfied that not only have you kept your own high standards, you’ve even helped Lego keep your own high standards too. Wonderful!

I think you’ve written nearly one in every three posts to Lugnet ove the last couple of hours and you are saying absolutely nothing new. You remind me a little of the sort of person that constantly write letters to the local newspaper complaing about this and that but never offers any practical advice. Those people tend to be very boring.

Now I’m sure that you will accuse me of some form of impropriety, moral bankruptcy or other nasty transgression for this. Possibly you will make some other interpration of the post (mine or Jake’s original one) which puts you back into the Throne of Right, but I’ll merely point out one thing, proclaiming your right-ness does not actually help others to see it. It may even have the opposite effect.

Feel free to disparage me, or attack me in anyway you like, I will not be polite in my response.

Yours,

Tim Gould

PS. Although I’m an atheist, I like one statement from the bible very much. It is: Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone.

Jake Mckee posted on these very boards “Then it’s time for another new adventure! It measures 69cm long and is your last chance to buy Maersk bricks!

AND:”This is a small run too – only 14,000 total, with 10,000 coming to Shop At Home.”

The same was echoed in press releases. SHO marketed it in this fashion.

What evidence is it you are looking for???? -Ken